The reputed US manufacturer Stack-On began operations in 1972 and they are prominent for their high quality Gun Safe for homes and offices into various continents and countries. Their gun safes are inexpensive usually, built sturdily and meet all government regulations and certifications.
Stack-On is the United States’ premiere manufacturer of storage and organization products. Since the 1972’s Stack-On has been producing high-quality and affordable gun safes. The Stack On Company manufacturers and operates most of its products in the USA – Chicago, IL. They make an array of products including device sheds and storage systems, device storage shelving, gun and safes, etc. All their items, like the best gun safe are well respected and regarded in the market as well made, good value items. The Stack On gun safe comes in different sizes and models. All of the models have become heavy. They are manufactured from steel and so are fireproof externally mostly. Also, they are lined along with fireproof insulation which usually provides another coating or fire safety that is essential with regard to safely storing your own ammunition.
What to Keep in Mind Choosing the Right Safe?A gun safe is a fantastic investment and can be useful for storing any number of precious items, not just weapons. You may think that saving money is important but your security is more so. Before purchasing a Stack-On gun safe there are seven things you need to know. So when considering purchasing a Stack-On safe, follow these points and you will find that your safety storage solutions are met and that all your most-treasured possessions are safe for years to come:
- Is the safe securely anchored? Once purchased a gun safe needs to be securely anchored to a wall or, preferably, the floor. The stronger the anchor and the more bolts, the less chance there is of the entire safe being stolen. If anchoring to the floor, make sure that your floor is solid; plywood can be easily sawed through. If your floor is not solid try to anchor the safe to a foundation support beam. Finally, if anchoring the safe near a wall, ensure that the safe is either closer than eight inches to the wall or further than eighteen inches: this will prevent a thief from using a car jack to leverage the safe out of its anchor.
- Biometrics are the Future. Conventional safe-locks require a code or key to ensure access, this system can be problematic if the code or key is lost or falls into the wrong hands. A biometric lock consists of a small scanner that will open the safe when presented with the correct fingerprint. As every fingerprint is unique only those registered to open the safe can get access to it.
- Is your lock legit? Many imported or foreign-made gun safes will have cheaply-made, untested and unsecure locks on them. When purchasing a safe ensure that the lock is a U.L. approved Group 2 lock or better. U.L. or Underwriters Laboratories are the most respected testing laboratory in the US.
- Fire, Theft and Flood Proof? It is expensive to produce a safe that is protected from fire, theft and flood, so often manufacturers will sacrifice an element of a safe’s security to reduce its production costs. When purchasing a safe ensure you are aware of what damage it can protect from.
- Fireboard VS Composite The protection a safe will offer from fire depends upon the type of fire protection it has; a composite or composite clad safe will always be more fire-resistant than a fireboard safe. Fireboard is an inexpensive method of fire protection that many companies use to keep their production costs low. The main problem with fireboard is that it requires support beams to hold it together which act as excellent conductors transferring heat to the inside of a safe. Composite on the other hand requires not support beams and offers additional protection from not only fire but theft.
- Bigger is Better When considering the security of a gun safe take note of the thickness of its walls and doors. Generally, when it comes to gun safes, the thicker the better, however some gun safes are made to look thick but are in fact hollow or lined with cheap materials to increase their bulk. A good-quality safe should be made from solid steel. A safe’s weight is a good indicator of whether it is solid or a hollow imitation; solid steel is very heavy.
- Price Equals Quality In the most general terms; the more you spend on your gun safe, the greater the security of your weapons will be. Cheap gun safes are little more than visual deterrents, whereas expensive safes should secure your weapons from theft, fire, accidental damage and even natural disasters.
5 Best Stack-On Gun Safe Reviews & ComparisonStack-On gun safes are a mid-level security option for gun owners looking for secure storage on a budget. Because of the inexpensive nature, the corporation is gaining lots of loyal customers in America slowly. For more details read the following stack on gun safe reviews and you will be able to choose the best one.
#1 Stack-On E-040-SB-E Elite Junior Executive Fire SafeA great safe made for the bigger gun enthusiasts. This safe features a fully carpeted interior that will allow you to store multiple rifles inside. The carpet will certainly prevent you rifles from damaging and will keep them safe. The safe also features three adjustable shelves. These shelves can also be totally removed and each shelf is strong enough to carry the weight of a handgun. This will allow you to not only store your longer rifles but also use the same safe for storing documents and smaller handguns. The exterior of this huge safe is made from black powder coated solid steel and provides a stylish look with the silver steel door. The safe is extremely heavy and will certainly be great for keeping items that you need to store away and not consistently access. Furthermore, the safe comes with pre-drilled holes and mounting equipment to ensure that your safe cannot be moved by anyone. The outside design has been proven to prevent prying and the keypad will allow you to access your items inside quickly. We would recommend that you buy specific concrete bolts for concrete floors, this will only ensure that you safe is secure wherever you mount it. This safe may look like a common ground safe, but it has actually been tested to be fire resistant for up to 30 minutes at 1400 degrees Fahrenheit. This will give you enough time to douse the fire and still keep all your items intact. The electronic lock will also resist the fire for a short period of time, but you could easily override this system with the backup keys. This certainly is the feature that makes this safe thrive. The safe boasts a 4-way 1.5” live bolt action locking system and has up to 10 locking points. The hinges have been built on the inside to prevent prying and the keypad is extremely secure and easy to use. Even though technology has been used in this safe, you will be notified with a beeping light to ensure you never forget to keep the batteries at optimal quality. The sound may be a little loud when unlocking, but the sound is actually reassuring as you listen to the sound of the locking bolts, this should give you peace of mind that your safe is secure. The safe come with a lifelong fire warranty and a limited 5-year warranty. The safe has also been approved by the California Department of Justice as safe for firearms and it meets the California penal code section 12088 and all the regulations thereunder. As for the price, this safe is considered to be the only safe that you ever need to buy and will perfectly keep true to that promise. The warranty will ensure that any damage and system failures are replaced free of charge.
#2 Stack-On SS-22-MB-E 22 Gun Fully Convertible Security SafeWith an interior capacity that allows you to store 22 rifles that are up to 55” tall, this huge safe is made for hunters and rifle collectors. The interior is not only huge, but it also features a fully carpeted interior to make sure that your firearm never scratch or damage. For the non-gun collectors, this safe will allow you to insert solid steel racks to create compartments for all your documents and even a small firearm and has the capacity to store any firearm that you can think of. This will give you great multifunctional use save you the extra money of having to buy a different safe for each item. The exterior features a solid steel construction that is perfectly made to protect your valuables from anyone that wants to pry. The black epoxy paint finish and silk screen will make sure that your safe not only works perfectly but also looks good wherever you choose to put it. As for the weight, this safe weighs 245 pounds, heavier than the average human being will not easily be moved. The safe also comes with pre-drilled holes that will allow you to bolt it to the ground and the wall, giving you extra protection against theft. The Stack-On safe will certainly ensure that your firearms and documents are protected. The safe features a 30-minute resistance at up to 1400 degrees Fahrenheit. This will allow you enough time to try and douse the flames. The Stack-On safe features a biometric keypad with an added backup override system if you should lose your password. The safe features a six point locking system that includes three 1” live action bolts and three steel deadbolts. This will also help prevent anyone from trying to pry open your safe and you will have added security and rest at night. This safe comes with a 3 year limited warranty and is considered to be a once off buy. We recommend this safe for hunters and rifle collectors, but not if you are looking for something to store valuable documents. Overall this safe will provide you with all the protection needed for your firearms; it can also be used to protect against heat and will keep your firearms from having heat damage.
#3 Stack-On SS-22-MG-C 22 Gun Fully Convertible Security SafeWith an interior capacity that allows you to store 22 rifles that are up to 54” tall, this huge safe is made for hunters and rifle collectors. The interior is not only huge, but it also features a fully carpeted interior to make sure that your firearm never scratches or withstands any damage. For the non-gun collectors, this safe will allow you to insert solid steel racks to create compartments for all your documents and even a small firearm and has the capacity to store any firearm that you can think of. This will give you great multifunctional use save you the extra money of having to buy a different safe for each item. The exterior features a solid steel construction that is perfectly made to protect your valuables from anyone that wants to pry. The green epoxy paint finish and silk screen will make sure that your safe not only works perfectly but also looks good wherever you choose to put it. As for the weight, this safe weighs 245 pounds, heavier than the average human being will not easily be moved. The safe also comes with pre-drilled holes that will allow you to bolt it to the ground and the wall, giving you extra protection against theft. The Stack-On safe features a combination lock that is sure to guarantee that you always have access to your valuables. The safe features a six point locking system that includes three 1” live action bolts and 3 steel deadbolts. This will also help prevent anyone from trying to pry open your safe and you will have added security and rest at night. The Stack-On safe will certainly ensure that your firearms and documents are protected. The safe features a 30-minute resistance at up to 1400 degrees Fahrenheit. This will allow you enough time to try and douse the flames. This safe comes with a 3 year limited warranty and is considered to be a once off buy. We recommend this safe for hunters and rifle collectors, but not if you are looking for something to store valuable documents. Overall this safe will provide you with all the protection needed for your firearms; it can also be used to protect against heat and will keep your firearms from having heat damage. We highly recommend the safe for hunters and gun collectors, but homeowners will also find the safe trustworthy and definitely capable of keeping all their valuables safe. The safe may be a little expensive at first, but you will certainly get your money’s worth of quality features.
#4 Stack-On GCB-18C-DS 18 Gun Convertible Steel Security CabinetThis cabinet style safe has been designed to not only look perfect but also provide you with the perfect protection against prying and any other form of attack, the outside is constructed from high quality and durable steel, that is finish with a nice gloss. This will make your safe look good and also provide extra protection against scratches and denting. While we do not think many people will have the ability to lift the safe, it is worth mentioning that the safe is extremely resistant to impact and the reinforced steel door has been designed with the hinges on the inside to eliminate any weakness that may be present. Internally the safe has been made to be extremely customizable and you will be able to change and adjust the shelves as you please. The safe has the capacity to store up to 18 rifles when all the shelves are removed and you will also receive barrel rest that can be mounted on either side to protect your rifles from falling and damaging each other. We like the standard design with the shelves as this will allow you to compartmentalize everything and will also provide you with more space. The top shelve is bigger and this shelf will be great for storing handguns and smaller firearms. The safe features a three-point locking system that is controlled by a key coded lock. This will eliminate the need to remember mind-boggling codes and you will save the extra money and maintenance that can be associated with battery-powered locks. The safe may take a little longer to open as the door is extremely heavy, but this in return will only add another layer of protection to the safe. The safe is 100% childproof; it will only be your responsibility to keep the keys safe and secure. The safe has also been approved by the California Department of Justice as one of the top safes to be used by hunters and gun collectors. The safe will never let you down and you will receive a limited 1-year warranty against manufacturer and material defects. This will ensure that you do not waste your money as steel is made to last longer and you do not have to stress the fact that technology may fail you. Overall, we would also like to recommend the safe to hunters and gun collectors; this will ensure that you can rest peacefully knowing that your expensive weapons are protected from theft and any damage. But for multifunctional use, the safe will also be perfect and you will have the ability to keep various items safe.
#5 Stack-On GCDG-9216 16-Gun Double-Door Steel Security CabinetDesigned with prying in mind, the safe features an extremely high-quality steel construction. The outer layer has been coated to keep rust away and you will certainly find the perfect protection for all your firearm and valuables with this safe. The door has also been reinforced with steel and is a few inches thicker than the wall. The reason for this is to ensure that the door cannot be forced open. The hinges have also been turned inward to make sure that no one will able to focus on the doors as weak points. This safe is designed with gun collectors in mind. The interior is where the safe really gets interesting. As we have already mentioned, gun collectors will find this safe perfect for their collections and you will have the ability to store up to 31 rifles inside. To ensure that these rifles to not damage, the safe has also been fitted with Stack-on’s patented barrel rest and barrel standoff features. This will guarantee that scopes do not damage and barrels never touch. To further protect the base of the weapon, the safe has also been fitted with an additional foam layer. The foam layer is about 2 inches thick and will provide a soft bed for your firearm to rest on. The safe does not overcomplicate matters with different sliding racks and this will save you space and time. The safe features a 3 point locking system that has been key coded to ensure optimal protection and keep anyone from trying to pick the lock. The added double bitted lock will provide you with greater security and ensure that only the key holder has the capabilities of opening the safe. Not only will the safe keep all your rifles protected, but you will have the choice of adding steel shelves to the top of the safe and transform your safe into a cabinet. The shelves are extremely sturdy and will ensure that all your valuables and jewelry are kept safe. As for the mounting features, the safe is extremely easy to mount and comes with already pre-drilled holes to make the job easier. The safe can be mounted to the ground and the back of any wall to enhance the security and make the safe heavier. We would definitely recommend this safe to gun collectors and people with bigger items that need safe keeping. The safe will never let you down and provide extreme quality for the price. This is definitely a safe that puts quality at protection at the forefront of their ventures.
|Stack-On Gun Safe||Pros||Cons|
|#1 Stack-On E-040-SB-E Elite Junior Executive Fire Safe||
|#2 Stack-On SS-22-MB-E 22 Gun Fully Convertible Security Safe||
|#3 Stack-On SS-22-MG-C 22 Gun Fully Convertible Security Safe||
|#4 Stack-On GCB-18C-DS 18 Gun Convertible Steel Security Cabinet||
|#5 Stack-On GCDG-9216 16-Gun Convertible Double-Door Steel Security Cabinet||
What are the Benefits of Having a Stack-On Gun Safe?Internally, the Stack-On gun safe may be made to be able to shop a multitude of weaponry. They are able to store handguns, shotguns, rifles, knives, ribbon, plus ammunition of most types, along with other hunting materials. The dimension plus model you choose depends on what forms of weapons you would like to store and how numerous of every item type you have. Here are the top benefits of Stack-On gun safes:
- Safe, Simple and Effective. Although the Stack-on gun safe is really a heating material, it generally does not get hot to the true point of causing fire. Being developed and made by the well-recognized and trusted company Lockdown, you could be sure the product is made to keep you from damage and protect your own belongings. Utilizing the product increases the temperature in the safe by around 5 degrees. Of using other options for dehumidifying instead, using Lockdown Dehumidifier Rod, 18-Inch is very economical and simple. You don’t need to invest in anything else to be able to avoid humidity.
- Easy to Install. Some gun safes contain power hook-up inside however, many don’t have this feature. If your safe includes a power hook-up, you can easily set up the particular Lockdown Dehumidifier Pole by putting this on the hook-up. In case, however, your secure doesn’t have a set-up, it is possible to install the merchandise by drilling the hole for wire access. In some safes, the mounting holes can be used as passage for the cable also.
- Gun Safe Doors. One or two decades ago the typical gun safe had an identical construction as a genuine B-Rate, simply using half the particular steel (1/8″ external shell steel plus 1/4″ outer dish door steel). This designed that the gun safes had been affordable and offered some protection from brute force attacks. Because many gun safes were made this real way, there was not much distinction among gun safes through various manufactures. This made the marketplace really competitive. But at the moment the gun safe doors are very much strong and suitable for protecting your guns.
- Quite Durable. This hinged door frame is welded from solid steel plate. Stack On gun safes are quite durable as they feature high quality materials also. To make these safes better even; Collection on offers an amount of choices to your weapon safes to create all of them a lot more resistant to harm like fire evidence and drinking water evidence options.
- Water and Flood Guarded. One much ignored facet of gun secure performance may be the capability to protect the material from water damage and mold (because of floods, domestic plumbing leaks, or water from fire-fighting). This particular gun safe makes sure that all holes within the safe base or even sides are covered with heat-resistant silicon or similar covering material. This can furthermore assist safeguard the particular contents from open fire damage-you desire to get rid of any entry factors for extreme heat.