The positive being that you will always be protected when danger arises and the negative is the fact that if your gun is not safely concealed or at least secure when traveling, it could easily be stolen and even result in harm to someone else.
You’d think that any small safe will simply do the trick and work inside your car, but that is not the case and some of the top car safes have been specifically designed for this. Other small and portable safes might be great looking and full of fancy features, but you need the best car gun safe to ensure that it fulfill its primary responsibility of keeping your valuables and especially your firearms safe from theft.
7 Best Car Gun Safes on the Market!
#1 Sentrysafe Biometric Quick Access Pistol Safe Model # QAP1BE
If you are looking for something quiet and easy to access, the Sentry Safe Biometric Quick Access Pistol Safe Model # QAP1BE will be the perfect fit for you. The safe does not have any feedback when closing or locking. While this may seem dangerous, it could be extremely beneficial and could save you a lot of noise in the evening should something occur and silence is required.
The safe is made to withstand tough conditions and can face a lot of wear and tear. The body is reinforced with 12 gauge solid steel construction, giving you all the strength without sacrificing the weight of the safe. Because of the lightweight frame, this safe can easily be stored on most shelves and the style will even give you the ability to disguise it amongst books or other boxes.
If you may have lost your password or if your fingerprint does not register, the safe has included an override feature. It will allow you to enter a new passcode and register your fingerprint again, but don’t fit as the override key also works with a passcode that only you will know and the intruders will not be able just to enter the safe.
The safe is big enough to keep 1 J&K revolver, full-size semi-automatic handgun. With this size you will have not only the ability to store a lot of documents but also the capacity to store some of your jewelry. The jewelry can be taken out and easily stored every day without prying eyes looking where you have stored them.
Overall this is one of the best biometric gun safes, perfect for men and women alike. The lightweight frame will make it easy to use for women to keep their jewelry out of harm’s way and men can store their handguns quite close to where they generally are in the house. This safe could be a great addition to your bedside and will keep you and your valuable safe.
#2 VAULTEK VT20i Biometric Smart Handgun Safe
The Vaultek VT20i Biometric Handgun Safe is one of the most technologically advanced safes on the market. The safe is fitted with an internal LED light to help you easily find your firearm of any important documents during the darkness of night. No more struggling to get your firearm. The Vaultek safe is the ultimate handgun and document safe.
The safe allows you to connect via Bluetooth and this app will immediately notify you if someone is trying to access your safe. The safe has biometric features, but one of the key features is the ability to remotely open the safe if someone needs to access the gun and you are not present. This may force you to keep your mobile phone safer.
The 16-gauge carbon construction is made to withstand impact and when you add the anti-impact latches, this safe can fall down and still will not be forced open. The anti-pry bars are great for ensuring that no one can force open your safe when you are not present and this safe has been tested through extremely high temperatures.
The safe is kind of new on the market, but with all these features, it is sure to make a significant impact on the market very soon. The lithium-ion battery lasts for up to 4 months and can easily be recharged. The safe will also notify you if the battery is running low, making sure that you always have access to your safe in times of need.
Overall we like to consider this as on the best biometric gun safes for the portability and the easy-to-use features. The app will notify you of anything that may be wrong and you can remotely open the safe for someone in need. This safe is perfect for keeping at home or office and to use as a drawer safe.
#3 Amsec PS1210HD Heavy-Duty Pistol Safe with Push Button Lock
The Amsec PS1210HD Heavy-Duty Pistol Safe is one of the perfect examples of what can be considered as the ultimate man box. The safe is quite small, but it still has enough storage space to allow users to store most handguns with at least one clip of ammunition inside the safe.
The interior of the safe has also been foam padded and this will add some protection against impact and even keep most of you breakable valuables from smashing against one another when you move the safe. The exterior has been designed from solid steel and the door has been uniquely designed to help ensure that no one can pry open the safe.
The door is one inch bigger than the body of the safe and this will add to the pry-resistant features that the safe already has. The metal finish will also ensure that the safe cannot be damaged from falling and that common household equipment will not penetrate or even damage the exterior.
The safe also features a simplex mechanical locking system that will give you faster access to your valuables. The simplex locking system uses the standard mechanical base, but you will never need to worry about finding the right key and you will have quick and efficient access to your items.
The large mounting bolts have also been included and the safe can easily be mounted to ensure that no one can move or steal the safe. With the right equipment, the safe can even be mounted in most motor vehicles.
The safe is highly recommended to traveling men and we believe that it will hold most of the items that men hold dear and need to be protected. The safe is quite affordable and it should also make a great gift for any gun owner that does not currently own a gun safe.
#4 The GunBox Echo Quick Access Gun Storage Box
The GunBox Echo Quick Access Gun Storage is the ultimate safe for portable and multifunctional use. The safe is powered by one lithium polymer battery that will last you for more than 12 months and will keep your safe active and extremely secure. The internal sensor is made to detect movement and any vibrations. Once this is triggered, it will automatically let off a loud sound from the audible alarm inside. This will certainly keep anyone from prying.
The safe is made extremely durable from aircraft quality aluminum that is built to withstand extremely high temperatures. This will allow you to have peace of mind when carrying the safe around and will not cause any harm to the safe or its contents in the case of a drop.
The safe has a 360-degree fingerprint scanner that will allow for easy access from any direction and in any situation. The safe has been designed to fit into motor vehicles easily and the pre-drilled holes will make it extremely easy to mount to most secure objects.
The RFID scanner is one of the most trusted and revolutionized scanners currently on the market and will never let you down. The scanner will also adapt to your finger with every scan, even when dust particles or dirt may be present. This will ensure that your safe always unlocks when you need your weapon.
The added feature of this technologically advanced safe is the ability to charge your mobile devices using a USB cord. This will provide you with added multi-functionality and make this the perfect safe for anyone looking to travel and passing by those dangerous areas.
Overall this safe is perfect for people that like to travel and the multi-functionality will make sure that your firearm is always kept safe and secure. For business people, this safe can also be used to store a significant and classified document in your office under the noses of you employers and the low price will certainly provide you with a lot of years’ worth of value.
#5 V-Line Top Draw Locking Tactical Gun Storage Box
Featuring quite a smaller than usual interior, this safe may only be capable of storing 1 firearm and a few valuables. The safe is not ideal for storing other items and might be a little small for the price that it costs, but the interior certainly will never let you down and the foam padded bottom will ensure that your items never move around and damage one another.
The safe features a keyless combination lock that will remove the need and the stress of always keeping track of the keys. The hinges have also been built on the inside of the safe, but this may not even be necessary as the safe is so easy to conceal and intruders may waste a lot of time searching for the safe if you have great hiding spot.
The mounting of the safe is quite easy because the safe is so light and anyone will be able to mount the safe using common household tools and just following the instructions that have been provided. We recommend that you mount the safe in a location that is secure and that will not be easily broken. Wooden tables may not be the safest areas.
Once again we have to stress the uniqueness of the design and the top opening feature will provide you with quick access if you may need to get the firearm out quickly. The combination lock will be extremely difficult to crack and you will be able to choose between 1081 different locking combinations.
This safe is great for storing smaller items and one firearm. The safe can easily be mounted in a huge variety of places and you will be able to ensure that all of the items at your office are concealed and secure in a safe place when you are not present.
7 Best Car Gun Safes on the Market!
|Car Gun Safe||Pros||Cons|
|#1 Sentrysafe Biometric Quick Access Pistol Safe Model # QAP1BE|
|#2 VAULTEK VT20i Biometric Handgun Safe Bluetooth Smart Pistol Safe|
|#3 Amsec PS1210HD Heavy-Duty Pistol Safe with Push Button Lock|
|#4 The GunBox Echo Quick Access Gun Storage|
|#5 V-Line Top Draw Locking Tactical Gun Storage Box|
How to Choose a Car Gun Safe?
I like to discuss seven things that will make it easier for you to choose the perfect safe and to help ensure that you get the most value out of your safe. These features can be quite costly, but having quality will give you peace of mind and ensure that you have the most value for your hard earned cash.
- Size. In most cases, it is relevant to look at the size of the safe and this is really true when it comes to your car safe. Some people like to think that bigger is better, but this is not the case when it comes to your car safe. Smaller safes will also force you to carry along less valuable items and even though this might not seem like value, it certainly helps when your car is stolen and you have a lot of your valuables safely kept away at home.
- Internal composition. After consulting with a few professional gun safe designers and many of the people who already have these safes installed, everyone recommends cushioned or foam interior. Should you happen to be in an accident, this softer cushioning will help keep everything in order and your safe will be impact resistant. The safe is also less likely to allow the firearm to dislodge a bullet when it is impact resistant.
- Locking type (outside). The lock type that opens the safe is important in all circumstances, but when you buy a gun safe for your car, you should be looking for something that will give you faster access and will not require you to look for the keys and get through the fiddling process. While the simplex push button safes work perfectly for those who are not yet ready to move up with technology, the biometric fingerprint scanner is recommended for faster access.
- Locking type (internal). In the bigger safes for your home, we always preach live action bolts when it comes to the lock, but with cars, this could take longer to open if you choose to go with the push button lock. The hook and clip lock will give you faster access, but it can also be easier to pry open and this is even truer if the hinges are on the outside of the safe. I like the smaller live action bolts and believe that they will be great and provide fast access with a biometric lock.
- Design. Does the safe feature a door and is it square or rectangular? This really makes a difference when it comes to finding the ideal place to hide your safe. With the current design of most cars, the smaller and rectangular safe should be much more efficient and you should be much more inclined to find the best hiding spot for your car gun safe. The standard box safes will be great when mounted in your trunk, but once again this will limit the access.
- Mounting tools and requirements. Car gun safes can be hard to mount, especially if you decide to use deadbolts. We recommend finding the perfect hiding spot and then searching for a safe that will fit inside the particular hiding spot. This will allow you to be more clinical when it comes to choosing the correct gun safe for your car.
- Added opening help. While we already know how important fast access is, it will be great to have something that will help speed up the opening process and even keep the safe open for you to get the firearm with one hand. These one handed safes can be a little more expensive and they are all fitted with additional gas struts that will open the safe for you and even keep the safe open.